Head of Accounting Services
About the role
Do you have a multi client accounting service experience gained in Big4 or equivalent service provider? And do you have experience and vision to blend technology and knowledge for an affordable and scalable accounting service? Then here We are to empower eCommerce merchants to fuel their growth toward their potential. Come and join us!
3+ years of accounting company/office working experience gained in Turkey is a MUST.
WorqCompany is here to make more aggressive growth possible and easier for the e-commerce merchants to achieve their goals. We know merchants, we understand them, we are comfortable with how they operate and use the capital. With short-term financing, we are here to support them where traditional finance falls short and they feel strain on their working capital. We also provide them multi country back office services including company setup, accounting (outsourced or direct depending on the country regulations where we operate) and other relevant services to do e-commerce easier.
We love data and use it to help them with insights they need to reach more customers and drive more sales. Our platform paired up with a team of e-commerce experts and data analysts are ready to provide recommendations where merchants feel stuck in unlocking their growth.
WorqCompany is a venture backed fintech startup that is growing at an accelerated pace. We are ambitious and have aggressive goals. You’ll be joining a very collaborative team tackling a huge opportunity both in Turkey and around the globe. We are committed to doing the right thing in this world and creating a culture that values every person. The strength of our workforce is the main reason why we are here and is the most significant contributor to our success.
You will lead and manage multiple accounting offices (clients), their service quality, technology usage, service efficiency. Currently the operations are in Turkey and UK, Furthermore major e-commerce countries will be added to the list.
Your responsibility will be to create a highly available (A0) and reliable (β) business service (multi country accounting) with the use of diverse technology stack being used in the market. Your prime KPI is to attain target unit economics with given quality and performance thresholds.
You are expected to know and implement, digital accounting tools and processes in all network of service provider accountants.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Finance,
- 10+ years of cumulated experience in the area of accounting services gained in Turkey,
- Big4 or equivalent multi client accounting best practices experience,
- 3+ years of accounting company/office working experience gained in Turkey,
- Advanced knowledge of Turkish Statutory accounting; from base level journal entry to preparation of Corporate Tax Return gained in a multiclient accounting firm,
- Good command in English, both verbal and written especially in financial accounting; required to communicate with global teams and clients,
- Good communication and teamwork skills,
- Encouraging the utilization of the technology platforms in the team,
- Good knowledge of Turkish Accounting Software Solutions,
- Turkish CPA license,
- Turkish CPA license,Preferable knowledge of International Bookkeeping Solutions (especially Xero, ..),
- Preferable knowledge of US GAAP,
- Preferable US, or UK CPA certification
At WorqCompany, we recognize that an inclusive and diverse working environment expands our horizons and brings value to all of our businesses. The diversity of our employees makes us a stronger and more flexible Company and better able to serve our customers around the world with unique and new ideas and solutions. To achieve this, WorqCompany is committed to a workforce that fully represents many cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints that serves everyone equal opportunity, and is proud to be an affirmative action employer.
Our aim is to open a space for everyone who will not hesitate to contribute with their ideas by reflecting on themselves, regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. Also, when a position is opened, we evaluate all the eligible applicants, without taking into consideration of criminal background, by meeting legal requirements.
Come, join us!